Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Literature Circles- The White Mountains Reflection

In humanities we have started a new literature circle book and group. We call literature circles for short Lit Circles. Anyway, half the class reads about "The Giver" and the other half reads "The White Mountains". I am in the group of White Mountains. So for this assignment he told us to answer one of 3 questions. These are the questions.

1. How were the Tripods able to control the people?

2. Find evidence (quotations from the novel) to show that even though Will is comfortable living at the castle, he is frustrated that the Comte, Comtesse, and Eloise have been capped.

3. Find evidence (quotes) to show how Will feels about being capped.

I am going to choose the 1st question. Well first of all the tripods were able to take over the people not necessarily control them. Anyway the tripods have come to earth to get more power and so they took control. And the kids, well at least Will's gang are going to the white mountains to be safe. But I don't think that is the only thing that is going to happen. I think that they are going to set everyone free as well.

If I was in their situation I would be so scared like everyone else. I would definitely need a gang of friends to comfort me while going to the journey (if I was to be Will I would be like that). I wouldn't run to the white mountains to be safe. I would also find a way to save everyone else. I wouldn't want to be greedy. But I would be nervous because everyone would be counting on me.

Anyway the question waas "How were the Tripods able to control the people" and I would say that they are big and they can scare the people into making them their slaves and all. But it is probably because they are so big and they can kill a person in one shot unless they have something against them. (which the villagers dont but Will will be) So it is basically that they can take control of people because they are strong and big and so all the people are scared of them which is how the Tripods took control of people.


No comments:

Post a Comment